1,000 Books Before Kindergarten Program
Marie Fleche Memorial Library
The library would like to welcome you to the
1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program!
This program is an ongoing early literacy initiative which encourages you to read 1,000 books with your baby, toddler or preschooler before they enter kindergarten. Reading books together each day is a great way to not only spend quality time with your child, but to help establish the building blocks of learning.
Read any book with your child with the ongoing goal of reaching 1,000 books total. At first 1,000 may seem overwhelming, but it’s not when you break it down. If you read 1 book a day, which makes 365 books in one year. That’s 730 books in two years and 1,095 books in three years. And remember…. reading any book multiple times counts toward your goal, as well as books read at library programs, at daycare or by others.
How to Participate
- Read any book together.
- Fill in the circle for each book read on your tally sheet.
- When you reach 100 books, bring your tally sheet to the library and your child will receive a sticker and a small prize for their completed page.
- Collect your next tally sheet.
- Repeat steps 1-4 until the goal of 1,000 books is achieved.
After Reading 1,000 Books Is Achieved
- Your child will receive a certificate and a special prize.
- His or her name will be placed on our “Star Reader” bulletin board.
1000 Books Before Kindergarten is not just a reading program, but a great opportunity for bonding with your child. Reading together is fun and taking advantage of every chance to share and talk about stories, singing songs and attending library programs will help create priceless memories that will last a lifetime.
For additional information call 856-767-2448 ext. 3
Or go online @ www.berlinboroughpubliclibrary.org